October 31, 2012

A Very Scary DIY

Happy Halloween! You know what I find absolutely terrifying? Black paint within two feet of a white sofa. 
Let's back up for a second. Maybe it's the time of year, but lately I've been into rooms with a little bit of a creep factor. Like this one by David Rockwell from the November House Beautiful. Don't know how well I'd sleep with that little lady watching me every night.

Here's a more romantic approach to the gothic look, posted over at sfgirlbybay. I love all the ornate details and how the dusty lavender sofa softens the black and white. And that light fixture!

image via sfgirlbybay

I've also been loving the look of a bold center stripe down an upholstered chair. 
Left: Chairloom via Elements of Style // Right: Nick Olsen's studio featured in Domino
Which leads me to my latest DIY venture. I picked up two of these chair frames from Craigslist for $25 a piece. I think they were a steal, and the best part is that I didn't have to remove the old fabric myself. They were painted a bland grey, so I wanted to liven them up. I decided to go with the gothic-chic black and white palette and the graphic stripe. I'm hopeful for how they will turn out, still a long way to go!

Please excuse my crappy iPhone pics


2 comments:

  1. Score! Those chairs are going to be absolutely fabulous when you get through with them. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I've Got me fingers crosses!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...