November 8, 2012

Bachelorette Beach Pad

My good friend Donna recently moved into a fantastic apartment in Fort Lauderdale. This is her first place of her own, so she has a blank slate to work with. The wintery mix falling outside my window has me dreaming of the sun and the sand. MLK weekend 2013 perhaps? Doesn't this scene look more fun than shivering in the cold! 


I love bright colors and the 60's beach party genre, and Donna's Fort Lauderdale bachelorette pad is the perfect place to incorporate these elements. Really anything would look fabulous against this backdrop.



In fantasy land, this is how I'd decorate Donna's apartment. The banana leaf fabrics, cabana stripes, and oversized beach print give that Florida vibe that I'm going for. Donna also has a glam side that I wanted to incorporate through the white nailhead sofa, gilded coffee table, and tassel lamp. Real life will involve more Craigslist and fewer tables that cost as much as my rent...but the inspiration remains the same.
Cabana Stripe Curtains // Ballard Designs Sofa // Ethan Allen Coffee Table // Rustic End Table // Garden Stool // Beach Scene Canvas  // Yellow Linen Pillows // Tassel Lamp // Cowhide Rug // Banana Leaf Chairs

Here are a few images from Veronica Beard's Hampton home, which has the beach-house-glam look down to a tee.




3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite looks! As a California girl, Palm Beach style is an easy sell for me. The board is lovely... I tend to start with higher end pieces for inspiration and then the hunt is on for similar pieces on the cheap! It's all part of the fun in decorating as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great point...there's nothing more satisfying than a good bargain! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love all these beachy looks! I am needing a make over on my little beach cottage in NJ that got nailed by Sandy....this is fun inspiration for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...