November 20, 2012

Project Philly: The Dining Room

Meet the fam. This is my sister and brother-in-law, Liz & Walter, and their two kiddos. 

All smiles... I'll have to check back in after the third coat of trim painting ;)
With two kids under three, Liz doesn't have much time to think about decorating, so I graciously volunteered to spend their money on her behalf. Since I will be giving regular updates on their home, I'll refer to this series as Project Philly.

Liz and I have slightly different tastes. She favors earth tones and the cottage look, whereas I tend to use more bright colors and modern pieces in my own home. When we work together, I think our two styles blend together nicely.

My first task is the dining room. Here's the current state of the room:


I don't have a true "before" shot, but the only pieces we started with were the china cabinet from my grandmother and the sisal rug from Pottery Barn. I picked up the chairs from Craigslist for pennies, and the table is from World Market.

Here is what I have in mind:






We're hoping to tackle some of this while I'm in town this week. Nothing says vacation like busting out the paint rollers :)

4 comments:

  1. Wait, who picked up the chairs from Craigslist? Ehem. You may have "picked out" the chairs from Craigslist, but yours truly picked them up, from the registered sex offerender herself. It was all good though, since I brought my bodyguard (republican friend Lindsay) armed with her stungun and mace. That's extreme Craigslisting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Ok, I'll have to issue a correction for my misleading remark, and maybe you can do a guest post on Craigslist safety tips. Don't think I've seen a product round-up for stun guns yet. Original content right here!

      Delete
  2. Go Emily go! I'm doing a similar project in my sister's home--very slowly over the course of this year starting with the kids rooms. I love projects like these-- a little sister bonding time to boot! From Liz's comment above, sounds like you guys are already having a great time and making some fun memories. Can't wait to see how it comes together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I'm excited to see what you have up your sleeve for your sisters house! The dressers you posted about for your niece and nephew are super cute - they're definitely gonna have the coolest rooms on the block :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...