November 2, 2012

Shake Your Pom Poms

Nothing makes me happier than a little bit of whimsy in home decor. Although this can sometimes be tricky when you have a roommate who doesn't share your love of brass cat figurines ;) My latest  whimsical obsession is pom poms. I added some to my throw pillows here:

And I'm not the only one who's been loving the fluff balls lately. These bedrooms are so fun to begin with, and the poms just add that finishing touch.

Left: Anna Sprio // Right: Amber Interior Designs
Pom poms can have a sophisticated side too; especially in a calm and neutral palette.

Left: Tom Scheerer // Right: Muskelil
Adding ball fringe to a set of drapery panels is a cheap and easy way to achieve a custom look. 

Left: Martha Stewart // Right: Sarah Richardson
A little arrangement of nature's pom pom, dried craspedia, is great if you're like me and don't have a green thumb.























Not just for the home!

Left: Pom pom cowl tutoria via The Purl Bee // Right: Proud Mary satchel

The possibilities are endless. My favorite source for pom poms is the Etsy shop iamme. They carry my favorite multi-colored pom poms (which I haven't been able to find in stores). They also have a wide selection of little ephemera like "Miniature Ceramic Squirrels." You never know when a few of those might come in handy?

The tassels are getting jealous, gotta show them some love too.

Proud Mary

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Who knew pom poms were so rampant.... very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of this post. So fun. I also love the dried craspedia. I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I too love pom poms!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...