December 12, 2012

What is your Christmas Décor Philosophy?

What is your Christmas decorating philosophy? I think Christmas is the time to surround yourself with things that make you happy and not to worry about trends. Growing up, my parent's home was filled with antique decorations from my grandparents (some classy, some tacky) and children's handmade ornaments. I can't wait to go home and revisit simpler times :)

One issue that can be quite polarizing is the question of colored versus white lights. Personally, I am firmly in the big colored lights camp. Throw a few twinkle bulbs or bubble lights in the string – even better.  I wish every Christmas tree looked like this couple. 

Haley Sheffield
I am seriously considering hoarding incandescent Christmas lights in case they cease to exist.

I love kitchy silver, pink, and gold aluminum trees – especially for apartment dwellers. Nothing beats the smell of a live tree in your home, but if you have to go artificial, I say embrace the fake. 





All images via my Pinterest



1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the incandescents! We had this conversation while decorating our own tree this past weekend. Hoard 'em!

    Colored light camp for me as well- especially inside. I call them my candy lights. Whimsical Christmas decor really brings on that holiday spirit for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...