March 26, 2013

Neons and Neutrals

When I was in high school, I always dreamed of being a fashion designer. Over the years my interest in fashion has waned (my younger self would be appalled at my work "uniform"), but I still remember one runway show that particularly influenced me. It was Matthew Williamson spring/summer 2002, and I was fascinated by the way he combined neons with neutrals and blush pink. And the scalloped hems? Come on, he was like 10 years ahead of the trend.


images via
Side note - this was also around the time that Britney performed this, which had me very interested in everything sparkly and sheer.

Anyway, these images have always stuck in my mind, and I think that's why I'm so drawn to the neon trend in home decor right now. If you've invested in neutral sofas and carpets, adding neon accessories is a great way to make a room feel current.

via

via

via
via
via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...